What Is The Perfect Pair of Wedding Shoes?
I saw this ad in an email I was sent "Wedding Shoes" shop now online. I began to think about what is a perfect shoe? What is it that woman look for in a shoe? What makes are feet look beautiful? We woman want to look beautiful on our wedding day! It is the only day we try to make things perfect!
First, perfection is different for every woman! That means to some a simplistic wedding is perfection to others it is every detail in place! Large sums of money spent and follow all traditions. For me personally, since my father had passed away it was a church wedding with a church reception. No fancy dinner, no dance, just a college student getting married to her college graduate. My grandfather wasn't capable of walking me down the isle, sink had to ask my brother-in-law. He also sang "The Lord's Prayer" at our wedding. We dated since I was in high school. I have no regrets it was perfection to me. All a memory now.
I do remember when I was shopping for shoes how difficult it was. How do you pick a shoe to match a wedding dress. The last thing you want is blisters on your feet on your wedding day. That matches the dress. That make you feel like you can wear them all day and all night.
1. Comfort over looks rule! You'll be wearing them all day and all night.
2. Cost. This is where I think most woman don't think about. The average wedding shoe or proper shoe will run 10-15% of the cost of your wedding dress.
3. Fabric. The average wedding shoe is silk or satin. However, if you grew up with a dad like I had it was a beautiful hand crafted leather. Many come with embellishment. Many of my brides are wearing sandals (flip/flops) These are most appropriate for beach weddings or for dancing after the ceremony.
4. Dress Fitting: You will have to have your shoes before your dress fitting. The dress is hemmed according to the hight of your shoe.
5. Heel height, sexy heels or versatile flats?
What type of shoe do you want? You don't have to change your shoe style for your wedding day. Stick to what you normally wear!
6. Destination wedding! Consider the season! Will it be a beach wedding or winter wedding. Flip flops, sandals, or wedges are fine for the beach ankle boots or booties are perfect for winter weddings.
7. Dance or No Dance? This is important, why? The souls of the shoes and the ability to move in them can help or hurt you on the dance floor.
8. Do you want to wear the shoes again? Personally, I think it's a lot of money spent if your not going to wear them again. I wore my wedding shoes many times. It was one of the best investments I made! It was made with lots of love, determination and respect of what my father had taught me about shoes.